Article by: Victor Moses |
Last Modified: 2016-03-21 14:49:32
Method 1: How to Reset Firefox to default settings
Firefox is a nice browser that is increasingly becoming popular. If you haven't tried it, here is a free Firefox download link.
Most likely, you landed here because you already use Firefox and want to reset Firefox to default settings. I wrote this after I found out that resetting Firefox to default settings was not like in Internet Explorer.
Lets begin resetting Firefox to default settings. Follow the steps outlined below:
Steps: How to reset Firefox to default settings
- First, close all open Firefox sessions. If not done, the rest of the process will fail.
- Check for Firefox default installation directory here
Possible installation locations.
- Launch command prompt by typing "cmd" on the search box:
- Right-click "cmd.exe" and chose to run it with Administrator privileges
- In the command prompt, enter the command cd followed by installation path of your Firefox as identified previously:
Enter: cd "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ " and hit 'enter'
- Next write: Firefox -safe-mode and press 'enter'.
A window entitled "Firefox Same Mode", click on Refresh Firefox button and on the next window that pops up, click on "Refresh Firefox"
- Firefox reset process will begin.
- Process complete!
Method 2: How to reset Firefox to default settings
You can also follow this method, if you are trying to accomplish this on a laptop or a desktop:
Open this page and click "Refresh Firefox"
Method 3: How to reset Firefox to default settings
If you found this helpful, consider sharing with friends in your Facebook.
[2012-06-15] a says:
[2016-03-21] Kembo says:
Thanks for updating this page. I was trying to figure out how to reset Firefox to default settings.
Post your Comments