Article by: Charles M. |
Last Modified: 2016-03-05 10:57:58
Solution:How to install Zeroshell in Hard drive [WinXP] also applies to
After suffering so much in trying the above, I have finally found an easy way
to do just that and thought I would share this with others. The following
procedure will help you install Zeroshell in your Harddisk and enjoy this powerfull creation
Zeroshell Installation Requirements
- Physdiskwrite - a nice utility for writing images to hdds - grab it from
- Winrar or any other unzip
utility to unzip. Windows has inbuilt unzip mechanism too.
1GB image for IDE, SATA USB disks - download it from http://zeroshell.net/eng/download/.
- Target IDE/SATA or e USB - get from your old PC or get on off e-bay.com.
- A working Windows Xp /Vista or Windows 7 installation - Basically your PC.
- External Harddisk reader: If you don't want to open you PC and connect
your drive as a slave, then you need some hardware to read your hdd over USB.
Install/Burn Zeroshell Image to Harddisk
I prefer that before you start installing
Zeroshell to your HDD, you first re-login as administrator.
- Create a folder "c:\tmp" in your working Windows Xp/visa/7 PC
- Download physdiskwrite and Zeroshell image. Both files are compressed.
- Unzip the two files and move their contents to c:\tmp. See figure below:
- VERY IMPORTANT - note the serial number and model of your
target harddisk - you will thank me for that!
- Connect the harddisk to your system as a slave ( you will need to shutdown
your system and connect your harddrive). If you have an external harddisk
reader, then this is the time to connect it to your system and make sure your
PC recognizes it.
- Launch command prompt:
> Xp/Vista : Click "start" then "run" then type "cmd"
and click "ok" to launch Command prompt.
> Windows 7: Click
"start" then "All Programs" then "Accessories" then right click the
"Command Prompt" then "run as administrator" then confirm action in the
- Change directory to "c:\tmp" - cd / then cd tmp
- Type physdiskwrite.exe -u
ZeroShell-1.0.beta13-CompactFlash-IDE-USB-SATA-1GB.img and you will see
-------- !!! WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ACTION OVERWRITES DATA. ALL DATA
IN SELECTED HARDDISK WILL BE LOST!!!---------------
- Select you target harddisk by matching the Model and serial number you
recorded earlier, with the list of devices found and enter the corresponding
number e.g: if device if PhysicalDrive1, enter 1.
- Confirm writting. At this point your Zeroshell
image will be transfered to your harddisk in a few seconds.
- If you connected your harddisk as a slave, then shutdwon your system and
remove the hdd. If on the other hand you connected it via some USB adaptor,
safely stop and remove the USB device.
- Connect your harddisk in your target system as a master and boot your
Zeroshell! You are done!
Hard Disk Drive Sale : Buy a top selling hard disk
[2010-08-30] Christof says:
Thank you very much, it works!
[2010-09-20] Aaron says:
Thanks a million for your post! This has finally allowed me to install zeroshell on HD. The gunzip > /dev/hda1 just doesn\'t work.
[2010-09-25] Admin says:
[2010-11-09] Arshad says:
Helloo sir i want to learn about zeroshell will u plz give me some notes of zeroshell 1.0.beta i m waitin ur reply
[2010-12-17] funnykishi says:
thanks a ton brother
struggling from hours to do that
[2011-01-26] Kirill says:
Thanks Aaron ! Very very help me
[2011-03-20] nik says:
100% working method, joy at last!!!
[2012-01-07] Eric Marcus says:
No problems booting, now I have to figure out how to use the software! Thanks for your work on this!
Post your Comments