Article by: Charles M. |
Last Modified: 2016-03-05 10:57:58
Solution: How to Change the IP Address parameter in Windows 7
This short step by step guide will help you learn how to change IP address in your Windows 7 system. By the way, change
of ip in Windows 7 is easy. If you don't know what IP parameters to change to, please contact your
Step by Step Instructions on How to Change the IP address set in your Windows 7
- Click on "Start" then on "Control Panel".
NB: if you can't see "Network and Sharing Center" as above, change the "View by:" setting on the top right corner to
- Click on "Network and Sharing Center" and the following window appears:
- Click on "Change adapter settings" and several adapter card icons will be displayed .
- Double click on the icon representing the adapter for which you want to change IP address:
NB: For Wireless cards, you might need to right-click its icon and and click on "properties" on the
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 for TCP/IPv4 Ip setting and click on "properties" and enter IP parameters as desired.
If you are not sure what to write here, contact you network admin
- Click "OK" to save your parameters and you are done.
While changing IP address in windows 7, you will find out that setting two adapters with the same Gateway IP wall cause
windows to reject the new configurations. Similarly, if
the change is being made by a DHCP server, windows 7 may not pick the new DHCP configuration being issued. Be sure of those before you change the ip setting.Click to Share Solution With Friends!
[2010-10-22] falsie says:
Didn\'t work for me. NOTHING seems to work on Win7. Any suggestions?
[2010-10-24] Kiby says:
@falsie - I agree that Win 7 is a mess. At what level are you having problems - so that I see if I can be of help
[2011-01-21] eka agustina says:
makasih yah atas postingannya, banak membantu tugas aku.
[2011-11-21] Why Me? says:
i tried it and nothing happened, when i checked my ip address it said it was the same as before. nothing is working, i have been looking forever!
[2011-12-05] iyub says:
[2012-03-24] Amani says:
Post your Comments